WebLogo

Thursday, January 23, 2014

See You at Tolt!

I’m so looking forward to going to Tolt Yarn and Wool this weekend.  Not only will I get to teach classes on a couple of favorite subjects (color work and lace!), but I’ll get to party with knitters too!  

Pembroke Wrap
We’ll kick it off with a class on my Pembroke Wrap on Saturday afternoon from 1 to 4.  In preparation for the class, I made myself and extra large Pembroke and I’ll be sharing the charts with students in the class.  This one has a 56 inch wingspan and a 32 inch depth at the center point.  Whether you knit the classic version or the large one, Pembroke is a great pattern for learning how to work lace from charts and the traditional triangle construction for a shawl.  

From 5-7, come by the shop to celebrate with knitters!  If you completed a Tolt Hat or set of Mitts, bring them along to show us, but whether you’ve got show-and-tell or not, we’d love to see you there.  I’ve heard a rumor that some amazing yarnies are going to be there too, so don’t miss this party!

Ablaze
On Sunday, I’ll be teaching a class on color work using my Ablaze cowl pattern.  I made an alternate version of the pattern especially for this class out of Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Silver Fox and Graphite. 


Lots of samples will be at the shop for you to see and try on.  I’m especially excited to bring my brand new shawl knit in Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool, Sunlight on the Forest Floor.  Tolt carries this incredible yarn too!

Sunlight on the Forest Floor
To register for classes, call or stop by the shop.  For the party, please just show up!

4509 Tolt Ave, Carnation, WA
(425) 333-4066

No comments:

Post a Comment

RavelryGrayscaleButton2 InstagramGrayscaleButton2 TwitterGrayscaleButton2 PinterestGrayscaleButton2 FacebookGrayscaleButton2 MailGrayscaleButton2
 ©  2007-2012 Andrea