WebLogo

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Neighborhood Birdlife

It could just be that I'm paying closer attention, but it seems like there are a lot more interesting birds around here lately.  Could it be spring time?  I've noticed a good number of bald eagles, which are much too far away to photograph, and a whole lot of what my completely untrained eyes think are swans.  



I tried looking this up, but "swans have longer necks than geese" is actually not very helpful.  If you know what these lovely birds are, please let me know.  Mostly I just enjoyed taking some pictures of them.








I was really fortunate to see this flock while riding home from our local farm store yesterday.  It's yet another thing that I love about riding my bike for transportation - I notice all sorts of things that I might just breeze by in a car.  



1 comment:

  1. Looks likes Trumpeter Swans to me. I enjoy joy blog and nice bicycling outfits..

    ReplyDelete

RavelryGrayscaleButton2 InstagramGrayscaleButton2 TwitterGrayscaleButton2 PinterestGrayscaleButton2 FacebookGrayscaleButton2 MailGrayscaleButton2
 ©  2007-2012 Andrea