WebLogo

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wintery

I had a wonderful trip to The Knitting Boutique in Baltimore this past weekend, where I got to teach lace, color work, and sweater knitting!  The weather was mild and lovely in Baltimore, but on my way home, I discovered that things were a bit more exciting here on the Island.  It snowed and wouldn’t stop snowing.  Though it caused me a little trouble getting home, it is beautiful to see and fun to play in!  The only other place I’ve lived in that got snow like this was in Jordan, and it’s pretty rare around here, so I’m taking the time to enjoy it a bit.





I've got an exciting announcement too - the folks at Knit Social are hosting a spring retreat at the Honeymoon Bay Lodge & Retreat May 16-18, and I'll be the guest teacher for the weekend!  I'm really looking forward to having knitters come visit me here in the beautiful Cowichan Valley.  I promise there will be no snow in May.  If you're in Seattle, the Victoria Clipper is a wonderful way to come north to the Island.  Please join me!

In unrelated news, I've got two new patterns that will be coming very soon!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Andrea. I've only just discovered your blog and patterns and have to say Issa's bloomers for my daughter and the Pembroke shawl for me are now at the top of my list. I'm also wondering about the green yoked sweater you're wearing in the snow photos. (Not one of your published patterns I gather, but is it available as a pattern?). We're still getting snow in Philadelphia by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Deborah! The sweater is the wonderful Dianna Walla's Sundottir from Brooklyn Tweed Wool People 6.

      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sundottir

      I used Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Tent and Foothills.

      Delete

RavelryGrayscaleButton2 InstagramGrayscaleButton2 TwitterGrayscaleButton2 PinterestGrayscaleButton2 FacebookGrayscaleButton2 MailGrayscaleButton2
 ©  2007-2012 Andrea